Berkeley Lab Site Security, Fire Prevention, and Emergency Management are being brought into one organization called the Security and Emergency Services Division.
Site Security utilizes a graded approach to promote and support the Laboratory’s research mission and strategic goals, while protecting the LBNL community and DOE assets. The Security Program is responsible for providing a visible security presence, safeguarding assets, and ensuring the LBNL Safety Culture extends beyond the Lab bench.
The mission of SES Division is to support scientific advancement through the promotion of the Lab’s protection, preparedness, and resiliency capabilities while leading response efforts that safeguard the Lab and our community.
The Security and Emergency Services Division is recognized as a valued partner, modeling program compliance and delivering best in class service to the Lab.
- Embrace risk: We need to leverage the application of risk-based approaches to achieve results and help distinguish between competing priorities.
- Reject the norm: We will not be encumbered by business practices, policies, procedures, or acquisitions that do not align with the end state we are driving toward.
- Be transparent and collaborative: We will be honest brokers of our trade and strive for buy-in through inclusivity and knowledge exchange.
- Know our stakeholders: The Lab is a complex environment. Having a firm grasp of stakeholders’ values, interests, and needs is critical in order to appropriately balance requirements and customer needs.
- Promote redundancy and scalability: Make decisions that create redundancy and scalability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances, evolving environments or changing requirements.