Public Events are defined by DOE Order 142.3B, Unclassified Foreign National Access Program. Attendees of public events may be exempt from certain site access and DOE-mandated screening protocols. Only the ODSA or designee may declare an event public.
The benefit to a Public Event:
- Broadens our ability to have onsite collaborations with International Collaborators regardless of Citizenship.
- Exempt from collecting Citizenship and Birth Country Information of Attendees
The following criteria will be considered when making a public event determination:
- Whether the event is held exclusively in a General Access Area of the Berkeley Lab.
- Whether the event is open to attendance by members of the general public.
- Whether information provided at the event is determined to be releasable to the general public and not protected by statute, regulation, or DOE policy.
If you would like your event to be considered for a Public Event Designation, please fill out this form. Provide as much detail as possible and note that all fields must be completed. If you have any questions or would like further information on Public Event Designation feel free to email Viviana Oropeza at email@example.com.