An upgrade to the Lab’s Access Management System (AMS) will make it easier for hosts and requestors to obtain permission for business guests to come to the Lab while keeping the Lab compliant with DOE requirements for site access. The AMS upgrade will go into service next Tuesday, July 5. If you have already input visitor information into the existing system, it will be automatically moved over to the new system.
The upgraded access management system supports all guest requests including:
- Research collaborations
- Construction workers
- Food delivery services
- Ride share drivers
Some of the new features include:
- Guests can fill out their own information; there is no need for hosts to collect personal information
- Hosts and administrators will be able to select parking options
- Confirmation email will go to the host, requestor, and guest so all have the same information.
- No delay in getting the approval for a guest if the guest meets all requirements. The approval email will be generated automatically once the host completes the final step.
- Profile of business guests can be saved for future use
Family and friends are still not cleared to visit Lab sites due to COVID protocols.